How to submit your film.
- Things you need to know
- See if your film is eligible to enter
- Submission Fees
- What happens after a successful submission
Things you need to know
- You granted all the necessary rights to IBFF to screen the Entry for jury and IBFF attendees; for IBFF to use frame grabs, stills or excerpts of the film both visual and audio, in online and printed material related to the Entry and/or IBFF. In case cast and/or crew photographs, behind the scene pictures, or film poster or other marketing material exists, you granted the necessary rights for the IBFF to use them in their online and offline materials produced.
- In the event of the Entry shortlisted for screening or nominated for an award, you will produce a high quality, digital projectable copy of the full length film (minimum resolution of Full HD) in one of the acceptable formats at least 7 business days prior to the IBFF Opening Day.
- You confirm that you have the correct rights and authority to submit the Entry to IBFF and that you have the authority to provide the necessary rights to IBFF for your Entry to be considered. You confirm that you indemnify and hold IBFF harmless from and against any, and all actual and possible claims in present and in the future including but not limited to liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- You confirm that you are aware of your own contractual obligations in submitting the Entry and therefore you confirm you’re not in a breach of your obligations by doing so.
- IBFF jury spend a significant amount of time and resources to consider your Entry, therefore, the submission fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
By entering your film into the International British Film Festival ("IBFF" hereinafter), you are entering into a great community of celebrated filmmakers who truly value their work, therefore IBFF has to set down a set of rules and conditions that you will read and understand before submitting your film. As you start entering your film to be considered ("the Entry" hereinafter), you confirm that you have read, understood and accepted IBFF Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs" hereinafter) and that you will confirm you will comply with them.
A full list of Film Submission Terms and Conditions are available on request.
See if your film is eligible to enter
IBFF does NOT consider any of the following as an eligible Entry
List of materials IBFF does NOT accept
- Any pornographic material
- Any materials that may contain threats to a individual or a group of people or a legally established entity or any place
- Materials that may glorify terrorism or any violence (including self-harm), racism or breach of any English applicable laws
Any such entry, even if paid won't be eligible to entre to the festival and will be removed from the Festival's register without prior notice.
Students can submit their films free of charge in any category, subject to terms and conditions of studentship.
'EARLY BAIRD SUBMISSION' Ends on 31st of July
'REGULAR SUBMISSION' from 1st of August till 15th of November
- Feature Films / Long Form GBP £95/ GBP £76
- TV Series GBP £95/ GBP £76
- Documentary Films GBP £75/ GBP £60
- Short Films GBP £45/ GBP £36
- Music Videos GBP £60/ GBP £48
- Advertisingment / Commercials GBP £60/ GBP £48
- Fashion Films (Short) GBP £45/ GBP £36
- Fashion Films (Long) GBP £75/ GBP £60
- Screenplay GBP £35/ GBP £28
- Web Based Single Programme (Short) GBP £45/ GBP £36
- Web Based Single Programme (Long) GBP £75/ GBP £60
- Web Based Series/Episodic GBP £75/ GBP £60
What happens after a successful Submission
The deadline for the competition submission is 15th of November 2022.
Festival happening on December 2022, the festival jury will consider and review all film entries that are submitted successfully before the deadline. British Film Festival will announce the list of winners on the 2022 Winners page of the festival's website.
Please note: We are not working from the 15th of December to the 25th of January every year.
It is important for us to have your correct postal address
- Winners: British Film Festival will post the winners' certificates to their addresses via a selected international courier.
- Nominees: All shortlisted and nominees will receive their Official Selection certificates.
- Participants: We celebrate creativity and creation. All 2022 submissions will receive Authenticated Participant badge.